Saturday, March 10, 2012

Thrift Store Make-Overs

So, by now you ladies (and lads) know my favorite store is a thrift store.  I'm always looking for cool vintage or odd pieces to add to my closet. Sometimes those pieces need a little updating  or "fixing". here are a few of my more resent finds and there "make-overs":
Baggy peachy-pink sweater
I had loved this color as soon as saw it. originally I was hoping it had some wool in it so I could felt it (all the tags had been cut) but alas it was not and I was stuck with an ill fitting sweater.
But now I have the perfect peachy-pink cardigan!
Long, High Waisted, map print skirt.
looooooooooved this print and the shape, hated the waist and length. 
Now, I have a very cool yoga waist, map print skirt that falls just below my knee. 
 I love the contrast with the berry colored jersey(which is also from the thrift store. I think I paid .10 for about a yard of this material) and thread. Most comfortable skirt ever!
Plain Brown Swing Jacket.
Really there is nothing wrong with this jacket. I love the shape and the way it wears on me. It was just to plain for my style. 
Now it looks like a piece of chocolate cake trimmed in cotton eyelet lace. I also switched out the buttons for vintage fabric covered ones. A yummy little snap to any outfit! 
Vintage 50's Style Dress
The top of this dress is in a classic 50's style but I'm pretty sure it's from the 80's. Whenever it was made someone loved to wear it, you can tell from the condition of the button holes. 
To bring this up to date, I shortened the skirt by about 5 inches. To cover the damaged button holes I attached the floral strips over the button plackets. I can still button up from the back but they are now covered. For a finishing touch I added the square of lace over the pocket.  When I tried it on of Justin, I got a big thumbs up for my hard work :)


No comments:

Post a Comment